7.23.2009

Andrzej Masianis



"The 20th century was characterised by a rich development of theoretical reflection and performing practice in the field of art. The inherent lack of limits of the area and its criteria arouses doubts among many artists and audiences. In my drawings I attempt to return to the classically simple formula of artistic expression that refers to the historical styles of Baroque and Gothic Art, and one that, in my opinion, may move contemporary audiences. In my works I often refer to the subject of the Last Judgment. I am influenced by writing – theological, biblical texts, fantasy writing – and even by science fiction films. Although my works refer to biblical themes, I don’t consider myself a religious artist. The kind of artwork that is typical of religious art seems to me rather churchy and schematic. Christian subjects are very close to me, but my work isn’t restricted to them exclusively."

Source:http://beinart.org/artists/andrzej-masianis

No comments:

Post a Comment